- Married, one daughter and one son.
- Extensive travel throughout Europe, Central America, the Middle East, Pakistan/India, South Korea, Southeast Asia, and the USA. Other experiences in the Soviet Union/Russia and Kenya.
- Proficient in a wide range of computer applications with extensive work utilizing technology in the classroom, teaching students computer skills, and mentoring peers in tech integration. Eight years experience at one-to-one laptop schools (Windows and Mac platforms) and self taught in web page creation.
- Early adopter of online resources for students; former class webpage was written up in the NCSS ‘Social Education’ publication.
- Hobby photographer
- MATHCOUNTS Overseas’ Schools National Competition team coach (2012).
- Coaching and sponsoring experience with sports – including volleyball, softball, American football, wrestling, and soccer.